Downloading and installing SanskritTagger
PreliminariesBefore installing SanskritTagger, please make sure that ...
- you have administrator privileges on the computer on which the program is installed.
- the Microsoft® DAO database drivers are installed on this computer. - These drivers are needed to use the program database. They are not included in this download.
You should consider synchronizing any data that you may have created using a previous version of SanskritTagger, in case you do not want to lose this data. Please contact me if you are not sure about how to do this.
Download and installationThe program has been tested on Windows XP® and Windows 7®. The installation of SanskritTagger is done in four steps:
- Installing the program files
- Installing the program database
- Creating a user account
- Building the necessary data during the first run of the program
Installing the program files
- Download the Windows installer for SanskritTagger to your local computer.
- Run the installer by double clicking on the downloaded file.
- ATTENTION: When installing on Windows Vista or Windows 7, make sure that you install in a directory with full read and write access (UAC issues). If you are not sure where to find such a directory, ask your local computer guy.
Installing the database
- When installation has finished, download the zipped program database.
- Unzip the database into the same directory in which you have installed the program. Again, you may ask for the help of your local computer guy.
Creating a user account (optional)
- During the first start of the program, you create your account in the program database. In this way, you are able to manage your own texts in the tagger.
- In the first dialog, click the button "New account" and enter a new user name and your password. The program complains if the user name you selected is already used by another person.
- Re-enter the password you selected in the first dialog, and press OK. Your account is now registered in the database.
- In case you want to have a first look at the functionality of the program, you may also log in as guest (select "[Gast]" from the list of users).
Building the language data
- Directly after creating your user account, you encounter the notorious dialog "At least one datafile does not exist".
- Click OK. Relax. The computer is calculating intensively while building this data file.
- After a few minutes, the main window shows up. A dialog asks "Language data must be rebuilt ...". Click OK again, and wait once more.
- Starting from the second run of the program, none of these two warning dialogs should show up again. If they do, something went wrong!
License termsSanskritTagger is distributed as freeware. It is licensed at no cost, fully functional for an unlimited time and may be distributed in any form. ind.senz does not guarantee to offer support for SanskritTagger or to develop new versions of the program. Please refer to the license agreement that shows up during installation for further information.
The SanskritTagger license in plain words:Do whatever you want with the program, but don't hold me responsible for anything! And: Please contact me in case of problems or questions.